Wednesday, October 4, 2017

sequences and series - Proof $lim_{ntoinfty} {u_{n+1}over u_n} = 1_+ to (u_n)$ has a limit $ne 0$

EDIT : I have doubts about the $1_+$ notation so I'll come back here as soon as I got the answer. In the mean time please consider this question on hold. Feel free to comment if you have any inputs on the $1_+$ notation, thanks.



First of all I want to let you know that this is an homework assignment I was given.



So here is the question :




Given $(u_n)_n$ a sequence of strictly positive reals so that $\lim_{n\to\infty} {u_{n+1}\over u_n} = 1_+ $




Prove that $\lim_{n\to\infty} u_n$ exists and is $\ne 0$




Now I tried to use the limit and build from there but to no avail :



$$ \forall \epsilon >0 , \exists N \in \mathbb{N} : n>N \to 1\le{u_{n+1}\over u_n} \le 1+\epsilon $$



Please provide with a few hints to get me started, thanks a lot !

No comments:

Post a Comment

analysis - Injection, making bijection

I have injection $f \colon A \rightarrow B$ and I want to get bijection. Can I just resting codomain to $f(A)$? I know that every function i...