Tuesday, October 3, 2017

calculus - Closed form of $sum_{n=1}^{infty} left(frac{H_n}{n}right)^4$


Find the closed form of $$\sum_{n=1}^{\infty} \left(\frac{H_n}{n}\right)^4$$


I know the closed form for smaller powers like $2, 3$ exists, but I'm not sure if there is a
closed form for this variant. Is it possible to tackle the question in an elementary way
and find the answer, without using integrals at all?


Then, if this exists, I'd also propose the alternating variant


$$\sum_{n=1}^{\infty} (-1)^{n+1} \left(\frac{H_n}{n}\right)^4$$


Answer



The result is \begin{align*} S_{1^4,4}=\sum\limits_{n = 1}^\infty {\frac{{H_n^4}}{{{n^4}}}} = \frac{{13559}}{{144}}\zeta \left( 8 \right) - 92\zeta \left( 3 \right)\zeta \left( 5 \right) - 2\zeta \left( 2 \right){\zeta ^2}\left( 3 \right) + 26{S_{2,6}}, \end{align*} Detailed process see the paper ``Multiple zeta values and Euler sum" enter link description here


No comments:

Post a Comment

analysis - Injection, making bijection

I have injection $f \colon A \rightarrow B$ and I want to get bijection. Can I just resting codomain to $f(A)$? I know that every function i...