Wednesday, October 4, 2017

elementary number theory - Dividing $61!$ by $3$ as we can.


Find maximum possible $n$ in the equation $61!=3^n\cdot m$.




Some textbooks gives a solution to this question like this:
\begin{align*}
61&=\textbf{20}\cdot 3+1 \\
20&=\textbf{6}\cdot 3+2 \\
6&=\textbf{2}\cdot3+0

\end{align*}
$n_{max} = 20+6+2$. But this comes me unintuitive. And seems like it's working. Why this solution is true. Can you give an explanation?



I don't think the answer in Highest power of a prime $p$ dividing $N!$ gives an understanding directly to solution i wrote since the algorithm continues dividing with the last full part.

No comments:

Post a Comment

analysis - Injection, making bijection

I have injection $f \colon A \rightarrow B$ and I want to get bijection. Can I just resting codomain to $f(A)$? I know that every function i...