Saturday, December 24, 2016

linear algebra - How to find the eigen values of the following matrix:



Is there any way to find the eigen values of the following matrix:



$A_{2n\times 2n}=$
\begin{bmatrix}\textbf{0} & E_{n\times n}\\E^T&\textbf{0}\end{bmatrix}



where $E=$
\begin{bmatrix}1&1&1&\ldots1\\2&2&2&\ldots 2\\2&2&2&\ldots 2\\\ldots&\ldots&\ldots&\ldots\\\ldots&\ldots&\ldots&\ldots\\\ldots&\ldots&\ldots&\ldots \\2&2&2&\ldots 2\\\end{bmatrix}




My try:




I find that rows of $E$ are linearly dependent.
Also every row of $E$ is just a scalar multiple of the first row.



So I was guessing may be $0$ may occur as its eigen value many number of times.



What are some methods to calculate the characteristic polynomial?



Can someone kindly help?

No comments:

Post a Comment

analysis - Injection, making bijection

I have injection $f \colon A \rightarrow B$ and I want to get bijection. Can I just resting codomain to $f(A)$? I know that every function i...