Friday, October 4, 2019

integration - What is $f(rcos(theta), rsin(theta))$ equal to $1$ in this double integral?

Use a double integral to find the area of the region.
The region inside the circle
$(x − 2)^2 + y^2 = 4$
and outside the circle

$x^2 + y^2 = 4$.



I understand how to get the limits of integrand for this region on $r$ and $\theta$, but when you set up the integral it is as follows.



The general form of a double integral in polar is:



$$\iint f(r\cos(\theta), r\sin(\theta)) r \, dr \, d\theta$$



However when evaluating this integral it becomes:




$$\iint r \, dr \, d\theta$$



Can someone please explain why



$$f(r\cos(\theta), r\sin(\theta)) =1$$



here?

No comments:

Post a Comment

analysis - Injection, making bijection

I have injection $f \colon A \rightarrow B$ and I want to get bijection. Can I just resting codomain to $f(A)$? I know that every function i...