Thursday, January 17, 2019

limits - Prove that $lim_{xto 0}frac {sqrt{x^2+x+1}-1}{sin(2x)}= infty$



How do I as precisely as possible prove that the following limit goes to infinity?




$$\lim_{x\to 0}\frac {\sqrt{x^2+x+1}-1}{\sin(2x)}=\infty $$



It seems difficult. I have started the proof by selecting an $M>0$ and attempting to show that the function is $M$ is always greater than the function. My problem seems to be algebraically manipulating the function so that I can extract $|x|$.


Answer



HINT:



The limit is not $\infty$. Note that



$$\begin{align}

\frac{\sqrt{x^2+x+1}-1}{\sin(2x)}&=\left(\frac{\sqrt{x^2+x+1}-1}{\sin(2x)}\right)\left(\frac{\sqrt{x^2+x+1}+1}{\sqrt{x^2+x+1}+1}\right)\\\\
&=\frac{x(x+1)}{\sin(2x)}\,\frac{1}{\sqrt{x^2+x+1}+1}
\end{align}$$



Now, use $\lim_{\theta \to 0}\frac{\sin(\theta)}{\theta}=1$.


No comments:

Post a Comment

analysis - Injection, making bijection

I have injection $f \colon A \rightarrow B$ and I want to get bijection. Can I just resting codomain to $f(A)$? I know that every function i...