Thursday, March 3, 2016

logic - Proving by Mathematical Induction

Prove the following by mathematical induction



Let {${s_{n}}$} be the sequence defined by $s_{0}=\frac{\pi}{4}$ and $\forall{n}\geq1$, $s_{n}=s_{n-1}+\pi$.




Show: $\forall{n}\geq0$, $s_{n}=\frac{4n+1}{4}\pi$.



I think I should first show that $\forall{n}\geq1$, $s_{n}=s_{n-1}+\pi$ is just the same as $\forall{n}\geq0$, $\frac{4n+1}{4}\pi$, before I can proceed in proving $\forall{n}\geq0$,$s_{n}=\frac{4n+1}{4}\pi$ by mathematical induction. However, I had a hard time in showing that the two are just equivalent and with that, I can't start proving the latter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

analysis - Injection, making bijection

I have injection $f \colon A \rightarrow B$ and I want to get bijection. Can I just resting codomain to $f(A)$? I know that every function i...