Saturday, March 19, 2016

complex analysis - How to calculate the polynomial coefficients of a fraction of polynomials?

I have a polynomial fraction which results in a polynomial

$$\frac{f(x)}{g(x)}=q(x)$$
with $f$ $g$ and $q$ being polynomials. I have formulas for the coefficients of $f(x)$ and $g(x)$ dependent on the degree of $f$ and of $g$.



Now I searched for a way to express the coefficients of $q(x)$ by algebraic expressions of the coefficients of $f$ and $g$.



One way I think I found until now is the "subresultant PRS algorithm" which allows to calculate the coefficients of $q(x)$ by appropriate determinants of matrices with coefficients of $f$ and $g$.



But these determinants seem not to be calculable in a non-computeralgebra situation.



Are there other methods ( e.g. algebraic calculus complex analysis ) how to

tackle such a general problem ?

No comments:

Post a Comment

analysis - Injection, making bijection

I have injection $f \colon A \rightarrow B$ and I want to get bijection. Can I just resting codomain to $f(A)$? I know that every function i...