Sunday, December 29, 2019

sequences and series - Proof for this identity: $sumlimits_{k=0}^infty(zeta(2k+3)-1) = frac{1}{4}$

$$ \sum_{k=0}^\infty (\zeta(2k+3) -1) = \frac{1}{4} $$ I found this nice identity and want to prove it, but I don't know how. My first thought was that I can create a geometric series with the same limit like: $$\sum_{k=0}^\infty \frac{1}{8} \cdot \frac{1}{2^k} = \frac{1}{4}$$ But I have no idea, how to write the first one in a way, that these are the same. They are obviously only equal, if we sum infinitely many terms together. Do you have ideas, how to proof this identity or do you know, where the proof can be found? Thank you for your answers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

analysis - Injection, making bijection

I have injection $f \colon A \rightarrow B$ and I want to get bijection. Can I just resting codomain to $f(A)$? I know that every function i...