Saturday, December 14, 2019

Consider the Fibonacci sequence, give a proof by induction to show that 3 | f4n, for all n ≥ 1

I have to show by mathematical induction that 3 | f4n, for all n ≥ 1



Base Case : f4(1) = f4 = 3 which is divisible by 3.


Inductive Hypothesis (IH): Assume 3 | f4k for all k ≥ 1


Inductive step (IS): Show 3 | f4(k+1)


In order to show that 3 | f4(k+1), I said that 3 will always be divisible by f4k as long as k≥1 as we showed in the IH. Hence, (k+1) can be any integer as long as k≥1 and it's a multiple of 4. So, 3 | f4(k+1) will always be true. I don't know how to show this mathematically tho?

No comments:

Post a Comment

analysis - Injection, making bijection

I have injection $f \colon A \rightarrow B$ and I want to get bijection. Can I just resting codomain to $f(A)$? I know that every function i...