Monday, November 11, 2019

linear algebra - Eigenvalues and Eigenvectors of diagonal marix

Problem:




Let $D$:= diag($\lambda_1, \ldots, \lambda_n$), i.e., $D$ is a diagonal matrix in $\mathbb{C}^{n\times n}$ with entries $\lambda_1, \ldots, \lambda_n$$\mathbb{C}$ on its diagonal.




Find $\sigma$($D$) and all eigenvectors of $D$.




My thoughts:



As the spectrum of $D$ is the set of all eigenvalues, then $\sigma$($D$) should be just $\lambda_1 \cdots \lambda_n$ = $\mathbb {\lambda_n}^{n}$ .



But how can I find the eigenvectors ? I know I have to calculate the $D$ - $\lambda I$.



Can someone help me?

No comments:

Post a Comment

analysis - Injection, making bijection

I have injection $f \colon A \rightarrow B$ and I want to get bijection. Can I just resting codomain to $f(A)$? I know that every function i...