Thursday, June 9, 2016

Linear independence of square root of square free numbers





I am reading a research article in which there is a theorem regarding square roots of square free numbers. A number is square free if it is not divisible by square of any prime number. The theorem states the following:


$$\text{The square roots of all positive square-free integers are linearly independent over }\mathbb{Q}.$$


Unfortunately, it provides a reference to an article to which I don't have an access at the moment. The article is titled, "Linear Algebra Methods in Combinatorics."


I have tried few things, but I didn't go far with any of that. Can somebody provides me a starting point from where I can work things out myself? I don't want a full solution. Just a starting pointer is appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment

analysis - Injection, making bijection

I have injection $f \colon A \rightarrow B$ and I want to get bijection. Can I just resting codomain to $f(A)$? I know that every function i...