Wednesday, November 28, 2018

sequences and series - Sum of all triangle numbers

Does anyone know the sum of all triangle numbers? I.e
1+3+6+10+15+21...
I've tried everything, but it might help you if I tell you one useful discovery I've made:



I know that the sum of alternating triangle numbers, 1-3+6-10... Is equal to 1/8 and that to change
1+3+6... Into 1-3+6... You would subtract 6+20+42+70... which is every other triangular number (not the hexagonals) multiplied by two.



1/8 plus this value is 1+3+6+10+...




A final note: I tried to split the triangle numbers into hexagonals and that series and then I got the squares of the odd numbers. Using dirichlet lambda functions This gave me 0 but I don't think this could be right. A number of other sums gave me -1/24 and 3/8 but I have no idea

No comments:

Post a Comment

analysis - Injection, making bijection

I have injection $f \colon A \rightarrow B$ and I want to get bijection. Can I just resting codomain to $f(A)$? I know that every function i...