Tuesday, November 20, 2018

number theory - Conditions for which $(sum p_i)(sum frac{1}{p_i})$ over an arbitrary $i$ for a set of primes ${p_i}$ is unique?

I am looking for conditions (if any are needed beyond properties of primes) for which $(\sum p_i)(\sum \frac{1}{p_i})$ over an arbitrary $i$ for a set of primes $\{p_i\}$ is unique in that there is no other set of primes $p_j$ for which $$(\sum p_i)(\sum \frac{1}{p_i}) = (\sum p_j)(\sum \frac{1}{p_j})$$



It is a bit difficult to describe so I will give an example:




I would like to know if there is a proof (if it is even true) that given any primes $p_1$ and $p_2$ that there are no other set of primes $\{p_3$,$p_4,..,p_k\}$ such that
$$(p_1+p_2)(\frac{1}{p_1}+\frac{1}{p_2}) = (p_3+p_4+..+p_k)(\frac{1}{p_3}+\frac{1}{p_4}+..+\frac{1}{p_k})$$



And in general (again I don't know if this is true), that



$$(p_1+p_2+..+p_n)(\frac{1}{p_1}+\frac{1}{p_2}+..+\frac{1}{p_n}) \neq (p_3+p_4+..+p_s)(\frac{1}{p_3}+\frac{1}{p_4}+..+\frac{1}{p_s})$$



So basically whether or not I can find a set of two sets of primes of any length which satisfy the equality.




I have been trying to figure out a clever way to reduce this and would guess that there is some trick by the uniqueness of primes, but I don't see it.



Thanks,



Brian

No comments:

Post a Comment

analysis - Injection, making bijection

I have injection $f \colon A \rightarrow B$ and I want to get bijection. Can I just resting codomain to $f(A)$? I know that every function i...