Saturday, December 9, 2017

calculus - Verify $limlimits_{nrightarrowinfty}int^infty_0 ! e^{-nx} sin(e^x) , mathrm{d}x = 0.$



How to verify $\lim\limits_{n\rightarrow\infty}\int^\infty_0 \! e^{-nx} \sin(e^x) \, \mathrm{d}x = 0$?



My idea is to use the dominant convergence theorem with $f_n(x):= e^{-nx} \sin(e^x)$ and $f(x):=\lim\limits_{n\rightarrow\infty}f_n(x)$.




$\Rightarrow \lim\limits_{n\rightarrow\infty}\int^\infty_0 \! e^{-nx} \sin(e^x) \, \mathrm{d}x = \int^\infty_0 \! \lim\limits_{n\rightarrow\infty} e^{-nx} \sin(e^x) \, \mathrm{d}x = \int^\infty_0 \!\lim\limits_{n\rightarrow\infty}0\, \mathrm{d}x = 0$



Can I use this here?


Answer




How to verify $\lim\limits_{n\rightarrow\infty}\int^\infty_0 \! e^{-nx} \sin(e^x) \, \mathrm{d}x = 0$




You may just observe that

$$
\left|\int^\infty_0 \! e^{-nx} \sin(e^x) \, \mathrm{d}x\right|\leq \int^\infty_0 \! \left|e^{-nx} \right|\, \mathrm{d}x=\frac1n, \qquad (n>0),
$$ and then let $n \to +\infty$.


No comments:

Post a Comment

analysis - Injection, making bijection

I have injection $f \colon A \rightarrow B$ and I want to get bijection. Can I just resting codomain to $f(A)$? I know that every function i...