Friday, November 11, 2016

linear algebra - Why is the left inverse of a matrix equal to the right inverse?

Given a square matrix $A$ that has full row rank we know that the matrix is invertible. So there is a matrix $B$ such that



$$

AB=1
$$



writing this in component notation,



$$
A_{ij}B_{jk}=\delta_{ik}
$$



Now, we tend to write $A^{-1}$ instead of $B$ but let's leave it like that for now.




My question is how can we show that $BA=1$? We mechanically jump to the conclusion that if the inverse exists, $AA^{-1}=A^{-1}A=1$ but how to show that? Equivalently why is the left inverse equal to the right inverse? It seems intuitively obvious!



Thanks a bunch, I appreciate.

No comments:

Post a Comment

analysis - Injection, making bijection

I have injection $f \colon A \rightarrow B$ and I want to get bijection. Can I just resting codomain to $f(A)$? I know that every function i...