Monday, April 11, 2016

calculus - How to find the limit of $frac{ln(n+1)}{sqrt{n}}$ as $ntoinfty$?



I'm working on finding whether sequences converge or diverge. If it converges, I need to find where it converges to.



From my understanding, to find whether a sequence converges, I simply have to find the limit of the function.



I'm having trouble getting started on this one (as well as one more, but I'll stick to one at a time).



I would appreciate if someone could explain how I should start this one.



Answer



Use L'Hospital's rule. Namely, if $\lim_{x\rightarrow a} \frac{f'(x)}{g'(x)}=L$,
then $\lim_{x\rightarrow a} \frac{f(x)}{g(x)}=L$.
In your case just take in terms of x rather than n, so $f(x)=\ln(x+1)$ and $g(x)=\sqrt(x)$, then take the derivatives and find the limit.


No comments:

Post a Comment

analysis - Injection, making bijection

I have injection $f \colon A \rightarrow B$ and I want to get bijection. Can I just resting codomain to $f(A)$? I know that every function i...