Friday, March 1, 2019

calculus - find $lim_{xto 1} frac{ln x - x + 1}{e^{pi(x-1)} + sin (pi x) -1}$

The answer choices available are:


(a) $\frac{-1}{\pi}$ -------- (b)$\frac{-1}{\pi-1}$


(c) $\frac{-1}{\pi^2}$ -------- (d) undefined



You obviously can't solve the limit straightforwardly, because it gives you an indeterminate form (0/0), right? So I used L'Hôpital's rule, taking the derivative of the numerator and the denominator before plugging in x=1.


Derivative of the numerator: $\frac1x -1$


Derivative of the denominator: $\pi(e^{\pi(x-1)} + \cos(\pi x))$


However, the numerator remains unavoidably equal to zero. Am I doing something wrong, glancing over something really obvious, or are the answer choices wrong? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment

analysis - Injection, making bijection

I have injection $f \colon A \rightarrow B$ and I want to get bijection. Can I just resting codomain to $f(A)$? I know that every function i...