Monday, March 4, 2019

Given a sequence ${x_n}$ = $sqrt(1)$ , $-sqrt(1)$,$sqrt(2)$,$-sqrt(2)$...



Given a sequence ${x_n}$ = $\sqrt{1}$ , $-\sqrt{1}$,$\sqrt{2}$,$-\sqrt{2}$...




If $y_n$ = {$x_1$ + $x_2$ + $x_3$ + $x_4$ + ... $x_n$}$1\over n $



Then sequence $y_n$ is



1.$Monotonic$



2.NOT bounded



3.bounded but not convergent (This is correct )




4.convergent



My attempt :I noticed a couple of things here



${x_n}$ is not convergent as two subsequences are convergent to different limits.



The terms of $y_n$ are $1$,$\sqrt(1)$/2,$\sqrt(2)$/3,



So ${y_n}$ seems to go to zero for large n and thus convergent ,but im not sure regd this . Can any1 help it out? Thanks


Answer




HINT: $y_{2k}=0$, $y_{2k+1}=\sqrt{k+1}/(2k+1)$.


No comments:

Post a Comment

analysis - Injection, making bijection

I have injection $f \colon A \rightarrow B$ and I want to get bijection. Can I just resting codomain to $f(A)$? I know that every function i...