Monday, June 11, 2018

probability - Same number multiple times on a dice roll

I was playing a game last night that involved rolling ONE die/dice. Within about 10 rolls, the person I was playing with and I rolled a 5 or a 6 at least 50% of the time. It got me thinking.




I'm interested in knowing:




  1. What is the probability of rolling any 2 numbers 50% of the time within 10 dice rolls (each time rolling one die/dice)?


  2. What is the probability of rolling a specific number (e.g. 5) 50% of the time within 10 dice rolls? (each time rolling one die/dice)




Looking forward to your answers. Thank you

No comments:

Post a Comment

analysis - Injection, making bijection

I have injection $f \colon A \rightarrow B$ and I want to get bijection. Can I just resting codomain to $f(A)$? I know that every function i...