Monday, September 18, 2017

real analysis - Prove that $y_n=frac{x_1}{1^b}+frac{x_2}{2^b}+... +frac{x_n}{n^b} $ is convergent

Let $a\ge 0$ and $(x_n) _{n\ge 1}$ be a sequence of real numbers. Prove that if the sequence $\left(\frac{x_1+x_2+...+x_n}{n^a} \right)_{n\ge 1}$ is bounded, then the sequence $(y_n) _{n\ge 1}$, $y_n=\frac{x_1}{1^b}+\frac{x_2}{2^b}+... +\frac{x_n}{n^b} $ is convergent $\forall b>a$.
To me, $y_n$ is reminiscent of the p-Harmonic series, but I don't know if this is actually true. Anyway, I think that we may use the Stolz-Cesaro lemma on $\frac{x_1+x_2+...+x_n}{n^a}$, but I don't know if this is of any use.

No comments:

Post a Comment

analysis - Injection, making bijection

I have injection $f \colon A \rightarrow B$ and I want to get bijection. Can I just resting codomain to $f(A)$? I know that every function i...