Saturday, March 17, 2018

integration - Any ideas to the integral $int_0^frac{pi}{2}xln(sin x)~dx$ ?

I've corrected typing error in the integral.
I apologize for my mistake.



Reedited question:



Can anybody solve integral: $\int_0^\frac{\pi}{2}x\ln(\sin x)~dx$ ?
I'm just trying to guess some simple formula for $\zeta(3)$. My "strategy" is simple: Find some conjectures and check them numerically.




Value of similar integral is well known:
$\int_0^\pi x\ln(\sin x)~dx=-\ln(2)\dfrac{\pi^2}{2}$ .
Is there any idea for antiderivative of $x\ln(\sin x)$ ? It's to difficult to solve it for me.
Any ideas?

No comments:

Post a Comment

analysis - Injection, making bijection

I have injection $f \colon A \rightarrow B$ and I want to get bijection. Can I just resting codomain to $f(A)$? I know that every function i...