Saturday, January 16, 2016

calculus - Evaluate $lim_{xto infty} cos (sqrt {x+1})-cos (sqrt x)$


Evaluate $$\lim_{x\to \infty} \cos (\sqrt {x+1})-\cos (\sqrt x)$$



For this question I have tried using the squeeze theorem and some trigonometric manipulations such as using $$2\sin A\sin B=\cos (A-B) -\cos (A+B)$$. But they were of no use. I also tried using the substitutions like $$x=1/y$$ Hence as $x\to \infty$ , $y\to 0$ but still no success.



I could've also tried using L'Hospital rule but I am not able to convert the function in appropriate indeterminate form. Any help would be greatly appreciated

No comments:

Post a Comment

analysis - Injection, making bijection

I have injection $f \colon A \rightarrow B$ and I want to get bijection. Can I just resting codomain to $f(A)$? I know that every function i...