Tuesday, February 12, 2019

algebra precalculus - Pre Calculus Question

The problem is a precalculus problem.



$$\frac{\large\frac{1}{1+x+h} - \frac{1}{1+x}}{h}$$



I was wondering if I can use the distributive property by dividing out the denominators in the numerator. My plan was to solve the fraction in the numerator then multiply by the reciprocal. However, since the denominator in the numerator is a sum, I am unsure as how to do it.




I know I could simplify / reduce the expression by dividing the polynomial by a monomial, but I am just confused as of the steps and concept. Can someone clarify?



Regards,



Math student

No comments:

Post a Comment

analysis - Injection, making bijection

I have injection $f \colon A \rightarrow B$ and I want to get bijection. Can I just resting codomain to $f(A)$? I know that every function i...