Sunday, December 30, 2018

elementary set theory - Proving a bijection(injection and surjection) over a function

I need some help proving bijections:



Suppose f is a function from $$ \mathbb R^2 \rightarrow \mathbb R^2$$



Defined by



$$f(x,y) = (ax-by,bx+ay)$$



Where a,b are numbers with $$ a^2 + b^2 \neq 0 $$




Prove that f is a bijection.



I understand that a function f is a bijection if it is both an injection and a surjection so I would need to prove both of those properties.



Could you give me a hint on how to start proving injection and surjection?



Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

analysis - Injection, making bijection

I have injection $f \colon A \rightarrow B$ and I want to get bijection. Can I just resting codomain to $f(A)$? I know that every function i...