Tuesday, December 18, 2018

algebra precalculus - Find consumer demand as a function of time, given the demand equation and price


An importer of Brazilian coffee estimates that local consumers will buy approximately $Q(p)= 4374/p^2$ kg of the coffee per week when the price is $p$ dollars per kg. It is estimated that $t$ weeks from now the price of this coffee will be $p(t) = 0.04t^2 + 0.2t + 12$ dollar per kg.




a) Express the weekly consumer demand for the coffee as a function of $t$.



b) How many kg of the coffee will consumers be buying from the importer $10$ weeks from now?



c) When will the demand for the coffee be $30.375$ kg?




Here's my solution
a)
\begin{align*}

q(p) & = \frac{4374}{p^2} p^{-2}\\
& = 4374 -2 p^{-3}\\
& = \frac{4372}{p^3}
\end{align*}
and I don't really know how please help me

No comments:

Post a Comment

analysis - Injection, making bijection

I have injection $f \colon A \rightarrow B$ and I want to get bijection. Can I just resting codomain to $f(A)$? I know that every function i...