Wednesday, May 2, 2018

Please help me solve this question on complex number


enter image description here


This is the question I am stuck with. I tried to solve it as in image below. enter image description here


I am not getting the correct answer. What mistake am I doing? Please help. Thank you



Thanks Adren, Thanks Nilabro for your answers. I want to know, can we solve this question by the same approach as I did? If yes, please tell how.



Answer



this rotation is decribed by :



$$R:z\mapsto e^{i\pi/4}(z-(1+2i))+1+2i$$


Hence :


$$R(3+4i)=\frac{\sqrt2}{2}(1+i)(2+2i)+1+2i=\boxed{1+2(1+\sqrt2)i}$$


It's worth to know that, in general, the rotation with angle $\theta$ (radians) around the point whose affix is $z_0$ is described by :


$$z\mapsto e^{i\theta}(z-z_0)+z_0$$


No comments:

Post a Comment

analysis - Injection, making bijection

I have injection $f \colon A \rightarrow B$ and I want to get bijection. Can I just resting codomain to $f(A)$? I know that every function i...