Thursday, May 31, 2018

convergence divergence - Find the partial sum of a given series?

I found this thread, but since it says that I can't ask for help there, I'm making a new one.
How to find the partial sum of a given series?



I have this series (WolframAlpha):
$$ \sum_{n = 3}^\infty \frac{1}{n(n - 2)} $$




And I need the partial sum formula. I don't get how it is derived. I got to the partial fraction decomposition described in the linked thread. I made it to the point where I ahd to put the newly found coefficients into the sum. This is what I got:
(WolframAlpha).
Ignore the output. Now how do I get from it to the partial sum formula in the first Wolfram Alpha link?

No comments:

Post a Comment

analysis - Injection, making bijection

I have injection $f \colon A \rightarrow B$ and I want to get bijection. Can I just resting codomain to $f(A)$? I know that every function i...