Monday, October 1, 2018

sequences and series - How do I evaluate this sum: :$sum_{n=3}^{infty} frac{1}{1-n+n^2-cdots+(-n)^k}$ and $k$ is positive integer?

Wolfram alpha showed after some calculations for evaluation of this series :



$\sum_{n=3}^{\infty} \frac{1}{1-n+n^2-\cdots+(-n)^k}$ for example for $k=10$ ,



I have got this result which it close to $0$.




My question here is : : How do I evaluate this sum: :$$\sum_{n=3}^{\infty} \frac{1}{1-n+n^2-\cdots+(-n)^k}$$ ?



Note: I exclude the singularity points just i would like to Know how do i evaluate it



Thank you for any help

No comments:

Post a Comment

analysis - Injection, making bijection

I have injection $f \colon A \rightarrow B$ and I want to get bijection. Can I just resting codomain to $f(A)$? I know that every function i...