Monday, September 17, 2018

limits - Does n power of e grow much more faster than its Maclaurin polynomial?

I wonder how to calculate the following limit: $$ \lim_{n\rightarrow\infty}\frac{1+n+\frac{{}n^{2}}{2!}+\cdots +\frac{n^{n}}{n!}}{e^{n}} $$ In the first sight, I think it should be zero, because exponential function is much faster than polynomial. But the upper of the expression is the Maclaurin polynomial of $e^{n}$. With the growth of n, it approaches to $e^{n}$. Consider there is a roughly way to estimate the remainder of $e^{n}$ rather than $$ R_{n+1}(n)=\frac{\xi^{n+1}}{(n+1)!} \ for \ \ \xi\in(n,+\infty) $$ Because $$ \frac{1+n+\frac{{}n^{2}}{2!}+\cdots +\frac{n^{n}}{n!}}{e^{n}}=1-\frac{R_{n+1}(n)}{e^{n}} $$ But it's hard to continue.

No comments:

Post a Comment

analysis - Injection, making bijection

I have injection $f \colon A \rightarrow B$ and I want to get bijection. Can I just resting codomain to $f(A)$? I know that every function i...