Thursday, September 20, 2018

calculus - Frullani integral for $f(x)=e^{x}$ in a complex context

I should prove the Frullani integral equality



$$
\int_{0}^{\infty} (1-e^{zx}) \frac{\beta}{x} e^{-\gamma x}dx = \beta \log \left(1- \frac{z}{\gamma}\right)
$$

for $z \in \mathbb{C}$ with non-positive real part.



I should first consider $z \leq 0$ and use
$$

\frac{e^{-\gamma x} - e^{-(\gamma - z)x}}{x}=\int_{\gamma}^{\gamma - z}e^{-y x}dy$$

and then change the order of integration. These steps are clear (see also Frullani integral for $f(x)=e^{-\lambda x }$).



But then I should use analytic extension to show that the formula is valid for $z \in \mathbb{C}$ with non-positive real part. I need help for this step.



Thank you in advance!

No comments:

Post a Comment

analysis - Injection, making bijection

I have injection $f \colon A \rightarrow B$ and I want to get bijection. Can I just resting codomain to $f(A)$? I know that every function i...