Tuesday, February 7, 2017

calculus - The application of Squeeze Theorem to find the limit of a trigonometric problem

I've been learning Squeeze Theorem (and limits in general), but am having problems understanding how to apply it. I understand the basics of the theorem (I think), but I've come across a problem that I'm not even sure how to start solving. I realize that Squeeze Theorem is the way to solve it, but beyond that, I'm clueless.



I've search around the site, and a few other places online, but I can't seem to find a similar problem.




So, here's my problem:



$$\lim_{x\to 0} \frac{3 - \sin(e^x)}{\sqrt{x^2 + 2}}$$



Looks easy enough, but I'm clearly missing something obvious. How do we approach a problem like this? I'd love to show my work, but I'm not sure where to start.

No comments:

Post a Comment

analysis - Injection, making bijection

I have injection $f \colon A \rightarrow B$ and I want to get bijection. Can I just resting codomain to $f(A)$? I know that every function i...