Monday, November 23, 2015

complex analysis - Second Derivative of Univalent Function

While doing some self-study today, I was reading through some proofs that the derivative of a Univalent Function vanishes nowhere. However, I couldn't find mention of the second derivative of a univalent function.


I thus presumed that there must be trivial counterexamples for second derivatives never vanishing; however, after testing a few simple, univalent maps I've failed to find a counterexample.


My question is thus as follows:


Can second derivatives of Univalent functions vanish somewhere?

No comments:

Post a Comment

analysis - Injection, making bijection

I have injection $f \colon A \rightarrow B$ and I want to get bijection. Can I just resting codomain to $f(A)$? I know that every function i...