Thursday, April 25, 2019

linear algebra - Determinant of Large Matrix

$A=\left[\begin{array}{ccccc}{-2} & {-1} & {} & {\cdots} & {-1} \\ {-1} & {-2} & {-1} & {\cdots} & {-1} \\ {} & {} & {\ddots} & {} & {} \\ {-1} & {\cdots} & {-1} & {-2} & {-1} \\ {-1} & {\cdots} & {} & {-1} & {-2}\end{array}\right] \in \mathbb{R}^{53 \times 53}$



So we want to find determinant of this big matrix. I tried for some cases I got the pattern like for even dimension determinant is $n+1$ and and for odd dimension it is $-n-1$ so answer should be $-54$ ;I guess. But what is formal method to do this calculation ; idea I have in mind is to find eigenvalue and then product will give me determinant.

No comments:

Post a Comment

analysis - Injection, making bijection

I have injection $f \colon A \rightarrow B$ and I want to get bijection. Can I just resting codomain to $f(A)$? I know that every function i...