Tuesday, September 8, 2015

algebra precalculus - A train starts from a Jaipur towards Delhi at 10 am. ..



A train starts from a Jaipur towards Delhi at 10 am. Another train starts from Delhi towards Jaipur at 11 am. Both reach their destinations at same time. At 1 pm, the sum of distances that had been traveled by them together is 90% of distance between Delhi and Jaipur. At what time did they reach their destinations?



I could only make equation like this :



Train(Jaipur's speed) = x




Train(Delhi's speed) = x+1 (since it starts one hour later and and both reaches at same time)



so equation : 3x + 2(x+1) = 90% of distance



now I'm out of any clue where to move... Thanks in advance :)


Answer



If $d$ is the distance & $t$ is the time taken by the first train



$\dfrac dt\cdot3+\dfrac d{t-1}\cdot2=\dfrac{90d}{100}$



No comments:

Post a Comment

analysis - Injection, making bijection

I have injection $f \colon A \rightarrow B$ and I want to get bijection. Can I just resting codomain to $f(A)$? I know that every function i...